Re: [Debconf-team] Room allocation: Volunteer needed - Penta question

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 01:25:53PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> >> We need someone to be in charge of room allocation.  This someone
> >> should receive rooms@debconf.org and should know how much stuff costs,
> >> to answer queries.  They don't need to speak Spanish.  Can someone
> >> volunteer for this?
> > During the "who is responsible for what" meeting we came up with "Lodging and
> > Dining" - aint that the same?
> > In that case it would be Cesar and Anto.
>
> The room allocation can be done by ANYONE.  Cesar and Anto already
> have a lot of responsibilities. Whoever does room allocation needs to
> have the info from Cesar and Anto, but then they can work on.

Is there hurry in having somebody taking care of this? This can be done like 2
weeks before the conference, and still it will be hard due all the changes of
people coming or not coming, changing days, etc.
Also, from now to the date, who knows what lodging we'll have :)

Ana