Re: [Debconf-team] Room allocation: Volunteer needed - Penta question

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>> We need someone to be in charge of room allocation.  This someone
>> should receive rooms@debconf.org and should know how much stuff costs,
>> to answer queries.  They don't need to speak Spanish.  Can someone
>> volunteer for this?
> During the "who is responsible for what" meeting we came up with "Lodging and
> Dining" - aint that the same?
> In that case it would be Cesar and Anto.

The room allocation can be done by ANYONE.  Cesar and Anto already
have a lot of responsibilities. Whoever does room allocation needs to
have the info from Cesar and Anto, but then they can work on.

>> Last year, we charged the same amount for 6, 7 and 8 nights.
> Why? To raise more money?

Not really, no.  To make things simpler for everybody.  Simplicity
helps everybody.  Most people last year, came for 8 days, and we
didn't charge them extra for the extra day, so neither did we discount
one day for those that stayed 6 days.

For this year, I think we should do the same, people staying for 6, 7
or 8 nights count as staying one week, and thus pay € 300.  People
staying less or more then pay a different price that needs to be
calculated (we need real info on how much things cost).

Also, if they want a single room, we should charge extra, but how much?

All this info needs to come from Cesar and Anto.  Not the room
allocation itself.

--
Besos,
Marga