Re: [Debconf-team] Family at Debconf

Colin Watson dijo [Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 05:07:40PM +0100]:
> My family (wife, ten-year-old stepson, eight-month-old daughter) will be
> coming to Spain with me for Debconf. They'll probably mostly be doing
> touristy things rather than attending the conference - I wouldn't
> entirely rule out the possibility that there might be talks my wife and
> stepson would be interested in, but it would only be a couple at most -
> but I was thinking that it might be nice to bring them along on the
> daytrip, *possibly* ask if they can come to the dinner, that sort of
> thing, and they'd be around in the evenings.
>
> What are the arrangements here, do I need to register them, and if so
> how? I'd rather just attach them to my penta account if possible - it
> seems a little silly to create a penta account for an infant. :-)

Hi,

As of right now, it is still unclear whether we will have a formal
dinner and daytrip at all. Still, recalling from previous DebConfs:
The daytrip registration is usually opened during the days immediately
preceding it, as historically we have not planned daytrips much in
advance (i.e. they are something very nice to have, but not of high
priority or worthy of resources we might need for other stuff).

Regarding the formal dinner, AFAICT no arrangements have been made as
of now. It is meant for DebConf active participants. Still, it is also
a nice to have but not fundamental item on the DebConf schedule - and
we haven't got around to it yet.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23