[Debconf-team] Sponsorship team meeting minutes, 2009 April 14

Hello everyone,

The sponsorship team (getting sponsors, not allocating money) team had
a meeting this afternoon.  I chaired again.  In summary, we are
getting close (especially with our new budget draft).

One topic for discussion: when should the next sponsorship team
meeting be?

Thanks,

- Richard

Meetbot logs are restricted due to specific amounts being discussed.

==========

* Budget
  - Min. 69k €, see http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Budget
  - Travel sponsorship is 13k of the 69k (though more is better)
  - TOTAL: we *need* EUR 69K (minimum)

* Current agreed sponsorship
  - h01ger goes through list with Ganneff as contact
  - Specific sponsors are listed in sponsors-table in debconf-team
    svn.
  - 18k$ left over from DC8
  - TOTAL agreed upon so far: we have ~ 54k €, including .ar leftovers

* Contacting previous sponsors
  - List of other organizations.
  - Nokia is likely, unclear how much more.
  - Hydroxide soon commits stockholm's old list of sponsors, people
    can look through to see who they can contact.

* Contacting other potential sponsors
  - See Hydroxide's list of potential sponsors above.
  - Plenty other potentials are in the table, if we find contacts at
    them...

* Contacting potential sponsors in Spain
  - anto had a list of 5-10 and will try to contact them.
  - Other people working on this welcome ;)

* What realistically achievable? (Need to look at cutting costs?)
  - Deficit is within the range of attendees' fees.
  - But look at budget page for some assumptions that have been made,
    e.g. not paying for day trip.  This could increase the amount we need.
  - 'Sponsorship' from existing Debian funds?

* Sponsor asked for a booth for the whole Debconf week
 - During openday is fine, else useless
 - h01ger replies to sponsor

* Deadlines
  - Sponsorship deadline May 31st