Re: [Debconf-team] Planning for the schedule

2009/4/6 Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org>:
> No sure we'll be able to have lunch so early as 13:00,

... so *early* as 13:00 - if I would not know that food in Spain is really
great and really much I'm afraid to starve until this time. ;-)

> my guess is it will be
> something more like start at 13:30. Same with dinner, rather 20:30 than 20:00.
> Anyway, I am sure the times might be agreed with the place where we are having
> the meals.

I guess the scheduling team is desperately waiting for *official* information
about fixed times we can not break.  This are lunch, dinner and the closing
time of the venue.  If it eally closes at 20:00 we most probably have to follow
the schedule mentioned below by Ana.

> OTOH, I have found funny the "siesta" reference here. Let me explain.

Ahh, finally a local who explains the concept. ;-)

> Given it is so hot in summer at the afternoon time, we tend to try to start
> the day very early (well, unless you are in holidays...), so we can go out
> before it is too hot.
> A lot of people, wake up early-ish about 6:30/7:00, goes to work from 7:30/8:00 to
> 15:00,

Great this fits my work day quite good - I'd immediately adopt this if it has
turned out to be successful.  Given the fact that many people will have a
time shift anyway I wonder whether they might adapt to this??

> eat about 15:30

Uhm - as long as two breaks with some food are included ...

> and sleep siesta from 16:00~18:00 or so, because it is
> so hot in the afternoon you basically can not do anything else. Then you go to
> sleep late about 1:00.

If you ask me this sounds kind of reasonable and I would really trust the locals
in finding a proper schedule.

> My request is call it lunch time, afternoon rest, or something like that,
> but no siesta please :)

Well, I do not really care for the name.  For my poor perception is siesta
the time when people South of the Alps just do nothing in the afternoon. ;-)

> Actually an early schedule would make sense this year, but sadly, it does
> not fit too much with usual debcof attendee hacking until late and sometimes
> missing early talks in the morning...

But the option for hacking is there anyway,  Given that people need some
average time to sleep why not moving this sleeping time when it is reasonable
to sleep according to the experience of locals?  Is there any rule that hacking
has to happen past 12:00pm ?

> I think we should try to use better the morning time, something like from 9:00
> to 13:30. Honestly, I do not expect too much productivity of the afternoon
> talks :(

That's a good hint.

Kind regards

       Andreas.