Re: [Debconf-team] Planning for the schedule

Moray Allan dijo [Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:33:59PM +0200]:
> > Actually, is the sleeping venues fit for hosting both a night hacklab
> > and a BoF room?
>
> I haven't been there or seen details, but yes, I'm told that there is
> space for a hacklab and BoF room in the main accommodation building.
> 8 p.m. is very early to finish, so we need to plan in using that space
> at least for hacking.  I don't know how many people can fit there, I
> guess not everyone.

Just thinking out loud, as I often do, on questionable ideas and
solutions of possibly little real value ;-)

If we are short on space, and weather at late evening/early night is
not oppressive, and the street is not too busy, it could even be nice
to set some chairs+tables+powerstrips outside the buildings, maybe
accomodating 20-30 people, as an extra mini-hacklab. Of course, we
would probably have to store them (and ensure they are not forgotten,
even if we are paying for security that'd fall outside their
dominions). Just "because it is cool" :)

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23