Re: [Debconf-team] Planning for the schedule

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 09:21 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Anyway... Whatever the format is, we will probably follow a different
> logic for OpenDay. I'd guess we will have more keynote-like talks
> (i.e. talks meant to inform the public about the current affairs of
> Debian regarding $foo), and less BoFs. Of course, given this is at
> Extremadura, some BoFs regarding Pure Blends or L10N or whatnot might
> be appropriate, but it will quite probably be a less interactive, less
> involved day than our regular work days.

Yes.  Also a higher proportion of invited talks (rather than only
submissions) probably makes sense for the Open Day.

Did someone volunteer to organise the Open Day yet?  Ideally a local
person would take charge, including arranging local advertising etc....

> we thought about a sliding timetable

That could make sense in principle, though a single rate of change in
scheduled start time wouldn't suit everyone anyway.  Also, some of the
drop off is probably because people are more bored with talks at the end
of the week (so less likely to bother getting up whatever the time they
start) rather than just because they're staying up later.

I'm not sure what data we have from DC8, but we should make sure to
allocate someone (e.g. talk timekeeper) the task of noting down each
talk's approximate number of attendees.

> Actually, is the sleeping venues fit for hosting both a night hacklab
> and a BoF room?

I haven't been there or seen details, but yes, I'm told that there is
space for a hacklab and BoF room in the main accommodation building.
8 p.m. is very early to finish, so we need to plan in using that space
at least for hacking.  I don't know how many people can fit there, I
guess not everyone.

--
Moray