Re: [Debconf-team] Registration for DebConf9 opened

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) dijo [Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 07:59:26PM -0300]:
> 	I had the impression that in the past, we did allow Debian
> Developers to bring their "Significant Other" and provide food and
> accommodation sponsorship (because this is the same as any other
> person subscribing to penta and saying, I will pay my travel but
> would like sponsored food+accom).

Over the years, DebConf has had to change its ways... Yes, I can
provide you many examples of SOs that have been sponsored over the
years, but DebConf has grown quite a bit, and... Well, to say it
simply, it seems we will be quite shorter on money this time than on
previous editions. I do expect that -as it has happened before- this
pessimistic impression will give way to better ones closer to the DC
date, but... We cannot count on it.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23