Re: [Debconf-team] invitation letter (for universities and employers ) Re: DebConf 9 - Main page

Hi,

On Freitag, 27. März 2009, Moray Allan wrote:
> In the past, the rough policy was:

Thanks for summarizing this. Maybe put it in a README next to the .odt files?
Could you please do that? ;-)

> Of course, the second letter may *also* be useful for non-visa purposes,
> e.g. to show to an employer.

That was what confused me.

> > And second, which address should we use in the header of the letter, atm
> > it still has "debconf7 limited"..?
> I raised this issue in the last couple of meetings.  It should probably
> be the legal entity that the conference funds are going through, which
> still isn't known for sure (that's why it's not updated yet).

Actually I'm against that. Sorting out the legal entity might still take some
days, maybe (though hopefully not) even one or two weeks, and I would like to
send out a "shout if you need help with visas" message today or tomorrow.

So I would just send the letters from the Junta de Extremadura, they will be
signing them anyway and they are basically co-organizers, so I think that
fits.

Cesar?

> I also sent Rene a copy of the letters a week ago as he offered to
> translate them to Spanish, but I haven't heard back from him yet, maybe
> someone else has time to do that quickly?

Cesar, Anto, anybody?

> (But, to repeat myself,
> please *don't* send the visa letter to the mailing list, each year we
> already have Debian-unconnected people try to abuse our visa support.)

Ack.

regards,
	Holger