[Debconf-team] Minutes from today's meeting

Hi!

We had a quick and short meeting today.  These are the minutes:

* New Venue

The new venue was introduced by mail yesterday. Things are looking
good and we are glad that we don't need to change cities.  If there
are any questions regarding the venue, please ask them on list.

* Starting of reconfirmation stage

We will start the reconfirmation stage very soon.  Changes in Penta
are being done right now, so that things are ready for reconfirmation.
 We want to have an SPI page with click&pledge infrastructure in order
to charge "Professional" and "Corporate" attendees when they
reconfirm.  This should be done by this Wednesday.

The reconfirmation stage will last till June 15th.  Thus giving more
people time to get the "you are sponsored" mails, and giving us enough
time to prepare t-shirts / proceeding / other stuff on time.

* Proceedings preparation / Talk scheduling

Talks have mostly been selected, some speakers were asked some
clarification questions, but the selected talks mail should be out
later this week.  After that, we will need someone to prepare the
proceedings and someone to do the talk scheduling.  More on this to
come in mails from me and Ganneff.

* Network planning - Server preparation

We are now closer to DebConf's date and we need to start planning the
network.  Unfortunately we haven't been able to get too many sponsors
to lend us hardware, so that area is currently lacking, we need to
think of a plan b in case the servers we get are not enough.

Regarding cabling at the venue, there is space for cables that we
could use, but this needs to be discussed with the people responsible
at the hotel. Tincho will find out more regarding network & cabling at
the new venue and comunicate with #debconf-admin about it.

* Sponsors / Budget

Things are not too bad in this area, but since the tickets to
Argentina are unfortunately very expensive it would be nice to get at
least one more big sponsor.  Some possible big sponsors for who we
currently don't have a good contact include IBM, Oracle, Dell, EDS.
If you have a contact for any of those, or for any other possible big
company that might be interested in sponsoring DebConf, please mail
sponsors@debconf.org about it.

* Next meeting: Next meeting will be Monday, May 19th, 20:00 UTC

People present:
   1. sgran
   2. maxy
   3. Tincho