Re: [Debconf-team] Still missing stuff

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:45:41PM +0100, Kevin Campbell said:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:40:19PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > >
> > >We had three labelling machines. We should have made better use of
> > >them.  It might have been an idea to have someone walk around the
> > >conf inspecting equipment - power supplies, cables, laptops, etc.
> > >and tagging any unlabelled equipment with the owner's id.
> >
> > We were picking up most of the big stuff, I thought. Maybe we just
> > needed to be even more stringent.
>
> I expect so. I expect a lot of people had trouble with say rearranged
> hacklabs where laptops/power were left out. Delegates aren't going to
> expect that as an issue. Tagging _everything_ is going to make life
> easier for everyone.

An idea for next year might be to label everything on it's way into the
"for conference use" area, and to also make a labeller available to
people at registration time.  We (by 'we', I mostly mean Chris and Faw -
thanks guys) did a good job of keeping lists of whose stuff was where
and making sure it got back to them, but maybe labels would make it even
easier.

And I see my sig maker is being oddly apropos again.
|  Stephen Gran                  | No amount of careful planning will ever |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | replace dumb luck.                      |