Re: [Debconf-team] Unfinished tasks from DebConf6

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 16:05 +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Okay, rereading my mail, I think I should have phrased some passages
> less provocative (or not in a public at all, but in a private mail).
> However, I can't take the mail back.
[...]

Thanks for clarifying. Perhaps it was just as good to let the thoughts
out as they came, and then specify further where others didn't see your
intentions.

> Yes, I would like to see a final report similar to the one we had last
> year.  Actually I have some notes writen down to be extended to a
> chapter from the talk organizing point of view waiting for you to pop up
> :)

Pop! :) You could send them to me in any case, I'd be interested to read
them as they are. And it might be a start of inspiration...

> >      * Sponsor packages/bags
>
> AFAIK we promised them that, didn't we?  So we need to do that, and wait for
> Gunnar.

Hmm... I had the impression that it was not a promise in the following
sense: "if you sponsor amount X, then we will give you a bag" -- it was
more of an implicit promise and a very important sponsorship relations
goal to achieve. I haven't participated in the sponsorship negotiations,
so I can't say for sure.

> Mostly done.  Money got transfered to ganneff, who spread it to all over
> europe to the sponsorees.  He already got hugged several times, when
> people took a look at their accounts ;)
>
> AFAIK Ganneff missed some data for international transfers, so he
> couldn't send everything out, yet, but of course asked for the missing
> data.

Ok, great to know. Maybe someone could update the rt.debconf.org ticket
with appropriately detailed information? And close it when it's done?

> Hmm... seems like the financial report from dc5 got lost on
> svn.debian.org, when the old repositories got removed... and I can't
> find it on the old website.  You have a copy left?

I think I have a copy of the spreadsheet, yes. Would it be needed? I
don't know if it's up to date, but there is always the auditing report
produced by the accounting firm, which is what Linux-Aktivaattori will
use for official purposes when dealing with the Finnish authorities.

If I'm not mistaken, there was never a Financial Report of the kind that
we first envisioned. That would have included the information in the
audit, a more in-depth analysis as well as commentary from those who
were intimately involved with sponsorship negotiations, book-keeping,
cash registry, money exchange and transfer and other financial aspects.
There would probably have been some brief analysis of the contracts that
were signed for the dorms and other facilities as well as the food, day
trip and formal dinner arrangements. But we ran out of time and energy,
so it was dropped in favour of other things.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>