Re: [Debconf-team] Unfinished tasks from DebConf6

Hi!

* Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net> [060726 11:11]:

> Hold on there, Alexander. With all due respect, I think you are not
> seeing things clearly right now.

Okay, rereading my mail, I think I should have phrased some passages
less provocative (or not in a public at all, but in a private mail).
However, I can't take the mail back.

Please let me emphasize that most of DebConf was for me a great fun all
these years, even though there were issues I didn't like.  I hope that
the good things we achived can continue to go on, and hopefully we all
will work together again at another nice project. I'm looking forward to
that.

That being said, I would also like to mention here what I alread told
Andreas earlier:  I really appreciate the work Andreas has done for
the last DebConfs.  Even if he would still lead the team and I would no
longer help organizing it, I would still love to attend the conference,
and be gratefull for the work he and all the other volunteers do and
have done.

As last statemant I'll make, before getting back to business (and
hopefully let the flamewar part of this thread die a soon death; no need
to discuss that in public), I would like to point out, that when I
resigned earlier, I did not abandon DebConf / Andreas just like that,
unwarned, unnoticed, whatever.  I talked to him several times about this
topic, at least short after / in Helsinki, in Mexico (together with
Andreas Barth as some kind of neutral mediator / counselor), and after
Mexico via mail, irc and phone.  As I stated previously I was constanlty
thinking of resigning, told him that and my reasons.

So, Andreas, if you like we can still discuss this, why I did, what I
did, but I think think it's better for both of us to first cool down a
bit (at least I definitly need it).

That's all I have to say, and I would like to go back to work now ;)

Citing from your other mail:

>      * The Final Report
>              * originally my task, now a total uncertainty since a
>                number of aspects were undecided and it's unknown what
>                the current goals are.

Yes, I would like to see a final report similar to the one we had last
year.  Actually I have some notes writen down to be extended to a
chapter from the talk organizing point of view waiting for you to pop up
:)

>      * Sponsor packages/bags
>              * intended to be sent to sponsors along with a copy of the
>                Final Report
>              * last known location (to my knowledge) of materials is
>                with Gunnar; intended to be shipped to me for assembly
>                and coordinated delivery to the sponsors.

AFAIK we promised them that, didn't we?  So we need to do that, and wait for
Gunnar.

>      * Reimbursements
>              * which I don't know the status of, and which are perhaps
>                only lacking an informational message to an appropriate
>                forum,

Mostly done.  Money got transfered to ganneff, who spread it to all over
europe to the sponsorees.  He already got hugged several times, when
people took a look at their accounts ;)

AFAIK Ganneff missed some data for international transfers, so he
couldn't send everything out, yet, but of course asked for the missing
data.

>              * the amounts of which would be included in the financial
>                report.

Hmm... seems like the financial report from dc5 got lost on
svn.debian.org, when the old repositories got removed... and I can't
find it on the old website.  You have a copy left?

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander