Re: [Debconf-team] Andreas Schuldei resigned - Restructure of the DebConf Team

On wo, 2006-07-12 at 21:27 +0200, Sven Mueller wrote:
> Another note regarding something from Aschwin:
>
> Aschwin van der Woude wrote on 12/07/2006 10:39:
> >    * Treasurer (one person)
> >        Preferably somebody from the local team. This person will take
> >        care of budgetting, keeping a ledger, sending invoices, paying
> >        bills, taking care of travel reimbursments, etc. etc.
> >        This can become a heavy task.
>
> In my experience, at least two people should know how the budget is
> planned. Even though only one person should give out the money. This
> helps avoiding two things (but only prevents them when proper
> documentation is done and some self-discipline is applied):
> 1) The project failing because the intended treasurer isn't available
>    for some reason and noone else knows the details.
> 2) Paying for the same thing twice.
>
> It's often a good idea if the "Main organizer" (i.e. someone who keeps
> an eye on the big picture and coordinates the sub-groups) and the
> Treasurer work closely together.

Good point!
That is actually how it worked out for DC5. I did the budgetting and all
other money related issues, and I kept Andreas up to date about any
changes and he did likewise.

That worked very nicely and is a good idea to repeat again.

Thanks for pointing that out,

-Aschwin

ps. As soon as you are posting to this list, I'd say you are part of the
team as far as I am concerned. The mere fact that you care enough to
post something, makes you a part of the effort. No matter how short
lived. ;-)