Re: [Debconf-team] Andreas Schuldei resigned - Restructure of the DebConf Team

On 10712 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> As Andreas had multiple tasks we need to find new people doing the work
> attached to it.
>
> I propose to have an IRC meeting soon where we can discuss within the
> team how we want to go on. The channel for it is #debconf-team at
> irc.debian.org. For the time: How about this Friday, 18:00 UTC?

So, I have one proposal how this could be restructured to continue with
the good work the team did in the past years.

Andreas first important point was the "Team Leadership". I propose to
change this to be a group of people, lets call them "Coordinators" for now,
where every bigger area of DebConf has one member in it. That implies
that people for it need to actively be involved in DebConf organisation
and should have experience already, not just started. Thats why I list
people that are leading a important part of DebConf already (or in case of
localteam are the selected interface between localteam <-> orga).

So, for areas and people out there which I propose, in no particular
order, for this (and whatever i missed - please add):

    - Technic, Admin & Co:
      Joerg Jaspert (Ganneff)

    - Talks & similar:
      Alexander Schmehl (tolimar)

    - Localteam (changes yearly):
      Neil McGovern (maulkin)

    - Website related:
      Neil McGovern (maulkin)

    - Videoteam:
      Holger Levsen (h01ger)

Their task as Coordinators is to watch the "big picture" and not only a
task, to keep the whole thing running, spot problems and coordinate with
everyone involved. As positions may overlap, as seen above, I would like
to also have the rule that no more than 2 positions can be for one
person. And, to have it mentioned, if a decision is needed but no full
consensus can be reached than the affected area should have a majority
in the vote for it. That much for regulations, the rest should be able
to just be worked out when needed.

The other big area Andreas always did was sponsorship. Thats one of the
most important parts of a DebConf, so we need a good solution
here. Andreas told me that he will give out his sponsor contacts to
whoever is taking this part. As I know that Neil already did work
together with Andreas on this part I also propose Neil for this, but he
should not do this alone. So I am happy for any other nomination that
can form a team together with Neil.

So, this all is a suggestion, you are of course free to propose your own
solution. I just like it as it reflects parts of how DebConf6 worked
already.

--
bye Joerg
* maxx hat weasel seine erste packung suse gebracht, der hat mich dafür