Re: [Debconf-team] Andreas Schuldei resigned - Restructure of the DebConf Team

Hi!

* Aschwin van der Woude <aschwin.van.der.woude@linux-aktivaattori.org> [060712 10:39]:

> [..] But I do suggest not to create a team in a team. [..]
>    * Main organisor (one or two people)
>        One or two persons ensuring the whole process proceeds as
>        planned. They keep track of the total picture, identify potential
>        problems early on and manage the total team in general.

As I understood Ganneffs mail (and in there an idea aba and I discussed
with stockholm back in .mx), that's what he is proposing:  A team in a
team.

Nota bene:  It's the same you are proposing, just that he had four
members as main organisors (and called them coordinatiors).

What I think, is that we need someone who is doing the task described as
"main organisor" above.  I think it could work better, if it's a smaller
group (but I had three people in mind).  The important point is, that
their job is *not* to make decissions, but to coordinate, keep track of
timeline and deadlines.

But I agree with holger here:  We have time for that, and the future
structure of the orga team is such an important point, that we must not
be hasty about that.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander