[Debconf-team] What if you don't get DebConf 7?

Hi,

I might be a little late, but here's a response to Mr. Towns' letter.
The "do or die" commotion is a result of the euforia that the DebConf
idea has created here. Surely, having an opportunity to host such an
event is an honour to every LUG member here because everybody is
aware of the position Debian takes in the FOSS world.

Safir is a Debian-guy and knowing him, plus being a Debian user myself,
I can understand his feelings for DebConf. Currently, he is our stress-guy,
being the local team project leader he's done more than we could ever
imagine - he helped and did most of the organizational part, helped track
down important news and information, helped keep people awake and
currently he is our public relations person. Needless to say, he deserves,
if not a DebConf, a place somewhere on Tahiti for the next few days.

So to join my fellow members, I can say that we will continue promoting
FOSS nevermind the end-result of the DebConf decision. The idea of
making something else is always welcome, so far we've held speeches,
translation marathons, presentations, install parties and regular meetings
and having a smaller presentation of GNU/Linux with help from you guys
would be a nice kick off for something bigger.

You also pointed out that you're not well aquainted with our team. I know
actions say more than words, but hey, you're thinking about Sarajevo, right?
And that is thanks to Safir and our team, so, we want to get involved, that is
a start, why not start it with a big conference over a few bosnian meals?

In the end, I'd like to point out that what matters is promoting FOSS and I
hope that, when it comes to the final decision, you'll maintain your
objectivity
and choose what is best for the Debian developer community, not some small
group of people.

--
Armin Besirovic
armin@linux.org.ba