Re: [Debconf-team] Re: Local Meeting prior to the decision

On 10678 March 1977, Moray Allan wrote:

>> So, the current planning shows that both Holger and me[2] have time to
>> visit one of the two places, Holger for Edinburgh and myself for
>> Sarajevo (and/or Andreas also?). The goal of that meeting would be to
> [...]
> This seems a good idea to me if it can be arranged soon.

Should be soon, yes.

>> Oh, anyone else interested in visiting the places? Like - someone from
>> Sarajevo going to Edinburgh and vice versa? Speak up, and have a reason
>> for it and it *MAY* get sponsored. But should be, to be useful for the
>> meeting, before we have the actual meeting discussing the next place.

> I'd definitely be interested in going to see Sarajevo -- it would be
> useful if at least someone has seen both venues so that comparative
> questions can be answered.  (And in the end I'm just trying to help make
> the best DebConf, not get yet another conference in Edinburgh....)

Sounds good.

I personally would have the time to go to both places, even in the short
timeframe we have with the actual meeting time. If I should do that
(what do others think) I would be willing to take that trip. (Like
visiting one place during weekdays if possible for local team, the other
place on a Friday/weekend).

Its also relatively cheap for me to visit both places, just checked for
the flights. I dont know, should I plan something? Can be me, can be
others...

--
bye Joerg
Naturally; worms that don't know what they are doing end up as