[Debconf-team] Re: questions for the local team: talks and bofs

Andreas Schuldei dijo [Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 09:34:43PM +0200]:
> hi!
>
> In order to put up the preliminary talks/bofs schedule we need to know
> some corner data: how many rooms are there for talks, how many for bofs,
> how big are they, when are they available and when are the meals?
>
> I would be very welcome if don got that list soon so he could produce a
> preliminary schedule. It would also be nice to be able to publish those
> times (for meals etc) on the website.

Hi,

I thought of the following:

- Our work areas will be the Parliamentary Tower and the two
  Hacklabs. They are not really close from each other (about 8 minutes
  [1]), so there'd better be some time to move from one place to the
  other.
- The tower is a big room with fixed tables, for up to 150 people
  [2]. The separations you see in the schema are for retractable
  wooden walls (which do not provide very good sound isolation), so
  the space can be split in up to five 30-people rooms. Although the
  people at Oaxtepec assure there are some 150-people sessions, the
  geometry does not seem very logical for me, I suggest keeping it at
  maximum in a 120-people configuration, setting 1/5 aside for
  whatever. It could even be the video team area or something like
  that, now that I think of it... Have to check.
- Each of the hacklabs has two rooms [3]. Depending on the demand for
  the talks to be scheduled there, I think we should assign one of the
  spaces for BoFs/talks, probably the large one - In auditorium
  configuration, the room's respective capacity is for 30 or 60
  people. Keep in mind that disabled people will have a much (read:
  _much_) easier time attending talks in the hacklab area than in the
  tower.
- Now, if we assign one large rooms to host talks, we would be left
  with three spaces for real hacklab usage: A whole module and the
  smaller room in the other one. In work table configuration, this
  means the space will nominally be enough for 90 people - But if we
  cover the surrounding areas, we will not have overpopulation, I
  hope. The terraces are nice, a bit smaller than Smokki's (just to
  give a sense of proportion), and if we have wireless coverage in the
  pool area, even more space is available.

Greetings,

[1] http://media.debconf.org/dc6/images/oaxtepec/plateau_area_distances.png

[2] http://media.debconf.org/dc6/images/oaxtepec/parliamentary_tower-en.png

[3] http://media.debconf.org/dc6/images/oaxtepec/hacklabs.png