[Debconf-team] (no subject)

jesse
Subject: Re: kosher food at debconf

As I made clear before when Amaya asked me about kosher food on IRC, my
food requirements are not the same as the Orthodox Jewish kosher; I
follow the Karaite Jewish version of kashrut, which allows a single set
of kitchen utensils, allows mixing of meat and dairy, and does not
require the intervention of a rabbi.

I require meat that is sheep, goat, beef, quail, chicken, turkey, or
salmon.  Pork, duck, and seafood are unlawful.  Seaweed and mushrooms
are also unlawful.  The meat must be bled immediately after it is
killed; the animals must not be slaughtered by strangling.  The hotel
should be able to confirm this information about the meat.

At least one other attendee has the same dietary restrictions, except in
his case he also cannot eat anything with nuts (peanuts, almonds, etc)
or he will go into cardiac arrest.

If the hotel cannot accomodate these dietary needs, please let me know
as soon as possible.

Ted