Re: debconf6 video and infrastructure wishlist and notes

Andreas Schuldei dijo [Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 01:53:01PM +0100]:
> > >Regarding wireless: No encryption is needed. We will set up our own
> > >infrastructure. Oaxtepec does not care much about it. I think we
> > >should leave the net open, or at most with WEP.
> >
> > Please consider the security problems associated with a wireless
> > network.
> >
> > During debconf5, somebody run a dhcp server accidentally, stopping
> > proper dhcp leases to be delivered to new clients.
>
> it would be interesting/good to be able to track down dhcp
> servers real fast in those cases. can the networking team come up
> with a list of things to combat that case?

At very least we could keep track of the authorized MAC addresses, to
help us locate unintentional servers (would not work regarding malign
servers, as MAC can be easily forged). We can also set up a Snort-like
thing to alert us in case any device besides our authorized server is
delivering DHCP leases.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154