Re: debconf6 video and infrastructure wishlist and notes

Joerg Jaspert dijo [Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 11:29:01PM +0100]:
> >> I would also find that, indeed, very nice.
> > Another vote here. COMAS should include a note on talk proposal,
> > together with licence, regarding that (IMHO) very important issue.
>
> That should be no problem to add. Its not that we are already behind the
> CfP and near to the conference where anyone could argue that he didnt
> know about it.

Yes, of course, it will be there. Not right-right away, but real soon
now. It is very important.

> Gunnar, Andreas - can we please have such a thing in Comas? A clear
> "Your talk has to be viewable with software in Debian main or software
> out of contrib!"?
> Thx.

Yes. And... Well, yes, I agree with everybody here: Debconf/Debday
should not depend on nonfree software. But we can only _ask_ the
speakers to do this - I don't know what would be best, whether to
enforce this and have broken presentations (specially when talking
about debday, when outsiders will be there, it's not only for us).

What we _should_ do is to add to Comas another field: What software
(maybe even hardware) do you need us to provide for your presentation?

I promised to have everything ready by today... Well, it mostly is,
but please, hold one more day for me to iron out some details before
sending the CFP :) I have to be away from the keyboard for some hours,
but I will work on it tonight. Believe me, it's mostly there ;-)

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23