Re: October 16 Debconf6 meeting

http://ganneff.de/debconf-meeting-okt-05.log

> Regarding moving Debconf because of Linuxtag: Well... It _is_ an
> important conference, where Debian (speficically German-speaking
> Debian) has always had an important presence. However, it is not easy
> to move Debconf - I already confirmed the reservation dates with the
> Oaxtepec people. It _could_ be moved, yes, but I would avoid it if I
> could, as it can be a political problem, and we want the best possible
> relationship with Oaxtepec.

Well, *I* (and a lot of other european DDs I know) really think it would
be *very* good to move, so maybe a friendly "can we" in this early phase
may work.

> Besides, if we are planning starting Debcamp on April 29, Debconf
> proper would start on the 6/7th. Having
> many Europeans together, we could even have a Debian packed
> transatlantic flight. It might be quite cheaper.

I dont think that would change if its shortly later (or earlier).

> Regarding the hosting details: We _do_ need shell access, and we _do_
> need PostgreSQL access. MySQL just won't do. I can set up Comas in my
> server, which has nice specs... I could also host the debconf.org
> website - but I cannot offer shell access to more than a couple of
> people. (I don't remember exactly... But I think Andreas told me we
> did get the complete control?) Anyway, I would really prefer having
> root in the Comas server - Wolf was a great admin this year, but
> sometimes it was hard finding him.

I just got a mail from Jonathan, that I will have access to the machine
(a new one for it!) hosting debconf.org, so we can manage that. Ie
shell-access and we can install whatever we need.
So I vote to keep it on one machine. :)

> And... Well, that's as far as I could get. The last lines from the log
> I got was where pixelgirl started talking about posters/proceedings/etc.

See above, I copied anything from stockholms beginning til he declared
it finished.

--
bye Joerg
(Irgendwo von heise.de):