Re: about the video+administration meeting...

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 01:07 +0200, Herman Robak wrote:

>    I'd recommend recording directly to harddrive.  A laptop and a USB
> harddrive can record a day's worth of video.  I have aslo suggested
> sending the DV stream over the network to a server with big disks.
> That would help a lot with timely compression and publishing.

This sounds good to me if it will work reliably.  I haven't experimented
with recording directly to PC but it would eliminate quite a bit of
wasted time.

I don't have a USB drive to try it out on, but I can try recording a 5
or 6 hour stretch of video directly to an IDE drive when I get some free
time next week.

John