Re: Drafting DebConf5 press releases

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 21:28 +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Fabian Fagerholm (fabbe@paniq.net) [050424 11:16]:
> >      1. Announce DebConf5: time, place and general information. Also,
> >         where to register.
> >      2. Announce DebConf5 talks: short blurb with general information,
> >         then more details about the talks this year.
> >      3. Announce the end of DebConf5: short blurb with general
> >         information, then impressions that outline the progress made.
> >         Quotes from humans encouraged. Forward-looking: "wonder where
> >         the next DebConf will be; see you there".
>
> the talks list was recently posted to the list, too. it could be
> included in the upcoming press release, couldn't it?

In the above, my suggestion is to not include information on the talks
in PR1, but to include it in PR2.

Should we merge those two?

It'll be quite long for a first press release. I assume that there has
been no press release to the "general public" yet, just one to
d-d-announce but I may be wrong here. Nothing stops us from releasing
PR1 and PR2 at the same time. Having them separate might be confusing,
though.

Martin-Éric, Arto and I will meet on Monday the 2nd of May 16:00 EEST at
the Pullman Bar in the Helsinki Railway station to get these done.
Anyone can join and please try to send any comments by Monday morning
(EEST is currently UTC+3 due to daylight savings time) since we probably
won't have net access and have to rely on pre-printed material.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>