Re: Teckids workshop at DebConf15

also sprach Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> [2015-04-14 22:15 +0200]:
> Three year olds generally have a quite elaborate understanding of the
> world accompanied with a fabulous reflective ability. I don't see why
> anyone shouldn't be able to participate according to their abilities?

Because Teckids have their own goals and focus, so it's perfectly
fine for them to define the rules for their workshops, provided
they'll be offered at DebConf.

> I just want  activities for younger humans also. Both out of
> personal "needs" and an interest to introduce technology and free
> software to young children.

We're open to them and most other ideas, but we'll need to organise
them ourselves. Want to get involved?

> > That said, if Teckids runs workshops at DebConf, such a gaming
> > station will be provided for; however, why anyone would need
> > a *workshop* for playing SuperTux is a mystery to me.
>
> Firstly, I might have targeted other groups than you/Teckids.

As you well know, Teckids isn't our only focus.

> Secondly, the workshop wasn't limited to playing SuperTux of
> course, but rather established a venue for parents on a free
> software conference to explore free software (distros, software,
> game, electronics etc) for children.

All of this is possible and just needs doing…

Thanks for your feedback in any case. This is new terrain for
DebConf and we'll need to find our way. The way to help is to get
involved…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org