Re: [URGENT]: DebConf 23 Conference Visa requires action by Aug 1

On 27/7/23 8:26 PM, Andrew Lee wrote:
Dear visa team,

Would you mind to add the difference between e-conference visa, conference visa and tourist visa into the FAQ please. So that people who really need e-conference visa won’t missed the chance to submit their info to obtain one in time.

Some differences are already in the visa page,

1. The e-Conference visa is only valid for 30 days. If you plan on staying for more than 30 days in India for tourism, you will have to apply for regular conference visa which can combine tourism for up to 6 months along with attending the conference.

2. We suggest you apply for the e-Conference visa instead of the tourist visa for your visit to India for DebConf23.

This links to https://www.mha.gov.in/PDF_Other/ForeigD-FAQ-TVisa280710.pdf

which has
Q.5 What activities are permissible on ‘Tourist’ Visa?
Ans.: Tourist Visa is granted for visiting India for recreations, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc. No other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa.

Feel free to add it to FAQ.

Also reminder to people who have not yet sent their passport details to send it soon.

Out of 124 people who indicated they need a visa, we have received details from 68 and 4 people indicated they don't need or plan to attend.

Best regards,

-Andrew

Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com <mailto:guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com>>於 2023年7月27日 週四,16:06寫道:

    Hey Aravind,

    On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 7:18 PM Aravind Pillai
    <aravind.aravind892@gmail.com <mailto:aravind.aravind892@gmail.com>>
    wrote:
     > I'm from india. Do I have to submit the document like a passport.

    Q: Do you need any visa for traveling within the country?
    A: No.

    I'll add it to the FAQ, too. Thanks for reaching out.

    - u

--
-Andrew