Re: Vaccinations

Hi Enrico (and others),

Quoting Enrico Zini (2023-06-15 12:15:45)
> I'm trying to work out in due time what vaccinations I might need for
> better enjoyment of my time in Kochi.
>
> The official Italian travel guidelines[1] have several recommendations.
> Summarizing and translating:
>
> * Diphtheria, HepA, HepB, Typhoid fever, Tuberculosis, Polio, Tetanus.
>   Many of these are standard coverage, or standard coverage when
>   traveling
>
> * During monsoon and post-monsoon times (may to september), increased
>   risks of Meningitis, Japanese encephalitis, and Malaria

In addition to general advices about the above diseases, it is relevant
to take into account whether you intend on experiencing the countryside
of Kerala or other parts of India, or only plan on staying within larger
cities.  Risks of at least malaria is lower in larger cities - see e.g.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4574269/ or (brifly, only
second paragraph of)
https://www.who.int/news-room/events/detail/2022/10/31/default-calendar/world-cities-day-responding-to-malaria-in-urban-areas

I will leave it to experts (i.e. *not* me) to respond generally to your
questions.

Enjoy!

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones