Re: Announcing the elephant in the room BOF
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Announcing the elephant in the room BOF
- From: Shachar Shemesh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 15:47:44 +0300
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 30/07/2019 21:04, Sam Hartman wrote:
1) The reasoning behind Social Contract #3 while not directly applicable
influenced my thinking. We don't hide problems.
What I still don't understand regarding that BoF session was why it was
done with no video streaming and no recording. If our purpose was to not
cover over problems, why not allow wider distribution of the session itself?
That decision made it much harder to participate remotely (I ended up
connecting through what I assume was Tzafrir's laptop). For a session
about a debconf organized by people most of whom were not present in the
same continent, that is a problem.
And in the end I heard that some people were displeased that even that
low grade connection existed.