Re: Debconf in Israel

That’s not even a logical example we’re talking about an ongoing apartheid and continued theft of land by a illegitimate state that’s violating international law and treaties. Your trying to water down what’s going on in Israel. United Nations has described Israel as an apartheid state. When you internationally choose to have a technical conference in a apartheid state you are supporting that regime and supporting its criminal and human rights violations against Palestinians.

UN Human Rights Report says Israel is an Apartheid State:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/16/is-israel-an-apartheid-state-this-u-n-report-says-yes/

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 9:30 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
On 3/21/19 5:10 PM, Nasir El-Amin wrote:
> Debian having a conference in contested land where military conflict and oppressive acts are occurring is unacceptable.

According to this logic, you wouldn't be allowed to host a DebConf in almost any
country in the world as almost any stretch of land has changed owners, deliberately
or by force over the time.

The farm of my great grand-parents is now owned by Polish people and the land around
it which used to be Germany is now Poland. But that's a historic fact that cannot be
reverted. That doesn't mean I boycott Poland or Polish people in any way. In fact, one
of my best friends is from Poland.

Adrian

--
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz