Re: Debconf in Israel

I think we can safely agree that past actions are not the same as ongoing actions. The objections raised include ongoing actions, not just past ones. I think we can also agree that entrenched parties aren't going to convince each other about the rights and wrongs of Israel via this mailing list. Is there a better forum for this discussion?

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, 12:31 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
On 3/21/19 5:10 PM, Nasir El-Amin wrote:
> Debian having a conference in contested land where military conflict and oppressive acts are occurring is unacceptable.

According to this logic, you wouldn't be allowed to host a DebConf in almost any
country in the world as almost any stretch of land has changed owners, deliberately
or by force over the time.

The farm of my great grand-parents is now owned by Polish people and the land around
it which used to be Germany is now Poland. But that's a historic fact that cannot be
reverted. That doesn't mean I boycott Poland or Polish people in any way. In fact, one
of my best friends is from Poland.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz