Re: Debconf20 will be in...

On 2019-03-21 00:00 +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2019-03-20 21:44, Wookey wrote:
> > but cannot be reached in a low-carbon way from the UK SFAICT (no
> > trains, no ferries),
>
> I plan to go by train and ferry. AFAIK, it's possible to go by
> train to Ancona, Italy, then ferry to Piraeus, Greece, a short
> bus trip to Lavrio, Greece, finally other ferry to Haifa.

OK. I did only take a quick look at seat61.com,
(https://www.seat61.com/Israel.htm) which is generally gospel, and it
said:
 Ferries to Israel: There are none.  Poseidon Lines & Salamis Lines
 (Greece-Cyprus-Israel) suspended since 2001.  UK agent www.viamare.com

If that's wrong/out of date, then fair enough - I'll consider joining
you, although the political dimension remains 'problematic', at
best. There obviously exists a minimum emissions route, but it's still
4-5000km each way for me, however one does it.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/