Re: Debconf20 will be in...

Wookey dijo [Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 09:44:12PM +0000]:
> True, and there is clearly a balance to be struck between encouraging
> debian in new areas and optimising travel for existing
> developers. After 5 years when debconf could only be attended with
> intercontinental travel by European developers, I'm very happy with a
> presumption towards Europe next.

Do keep in mind that Israel is as close as Lisbon from Central Europe:
From Vienna, Haifa is 2312Km away, Lisbon is 2298Km. Of course, not
everything is the same; many people from the EU will travel by rail to
countries in the EU (and not because of political affiliations, but
because it's _possible_, while I don't exepct many people to arrive to
Israel if it's not by air). But, for some measures... Well, Israel is
"almost Europe" ☺

> The state of the climate is such that it's increasingly difficult to
> justify 2-4 tonnes of emissions just to visit debconf, so I've
> missed/am missing the last 4. Israel is somewhat closer (0.9 tonne),
> but cannot be reached in a low-carbon way from the UK SFAICT (no
> trains, no ferries), (...)

Right, that's what i'm saying..