Re: Debconf20 will be in...

Hi,

On 3/20/19 11:54 AM, Daniel Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We discussed that and preferred a non-public meeting.

Why?

> The Indian team did not agree on a city and there was no sufficiently
> completed bid for DC20 so they dropped out early. We're happy to receive
> a competitive bid for DC21.

Well, you didn't say that before.

> As with Israel for next year, the bid merits will decide.
>
> But with 9 DDs in India and 500 or so in Europe the location is
> important. DebConf is not only for outreach. It is primarily the Debian
> Developers' conference. And yes, we definitely need more DDs from India.
> And from everywhere else, too.

If you use numbers of DDs, we will always have DC in Europe :-)

My question is not about DC21 to go or not to go to Europe, but you say
***now***  that you would like to have it in Europe.
Lets wait to see the bids first.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil

Organizador da DebConf19 - Conferência Mundial de Desenvolvedores(as) Debian
Curitiba - 21 a 28 de julho de 2019
http://debconf19.debconf.org