Re: [Debconf-discuss] Talk lengths

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 4:41 AM, Wookey wrote:

> whole mic-passing game more efficient (or even better have 2-3 mics
> on stands so remote participation and group discussion is possible
> without a lot of mic-passing wait-states.

I have long wanted Debian to experiment with this open
hardware/software combination for recording multi-speaker sessions
(and keeping each speaker in a separate stream). I think it might be
ideal for this sort of session. I inquired a while ago and the kit
costs $1000 CAD and includes 8 microphones, 8 cables, 1 sound card
(fully assembled) and 1 USB cable. I don't have the time to experiment
with it, throwing the idea out there in case someone does.

http://manyears.sourceforge.net/
http://eightsoundsusb.sourceforge.net/

--
bye,