Re: [Debconf-discuss] Talk lengths

Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:

> For any useful technical discussion (as opposed to presentations) a
> longer session is needed (we could definitely do better at having
> more engineering discussion and less presentation, (and I include
> myself in that). It's one of the things UDS did better than debconf)

I agree with this. We should encourage more technical design
discussions. What's currently holding up teams to have such discussions
at Debconf? In my perception these nowdays mostly happen at dedicated
sprints.

I'm not sure if the lack of such sessions has to do with the conference
format or if it's just that someone from a team has to sit down and
propose something and this is currently too much work and most of these
discussions happen in ad-hoc sessions or the "hallway track".

Gaudenz