Re: [Debconf-discuss] Talk lengths

+++ Maximiliano Curia [2014-09-22 12:00 +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> We are considering introducing a new talk length for DebConf 15: 20' talks.

> We would like to hear your opinion on this idea.

I generally prefer to both give and receive enough technical info in a
talk to have some idea of how the thing works. That means a 45min talk
for many subjects (certainly most of the ones I deal with). Some
things (including subsets of longer talks) fit fine into 20 mins.

For any useful technical discussion (as opposed to presentations) a
longer session is needed (we could definitely do better at having
more engineering discussion and less presentation, (and I include
myself in that). It's one of the things UDS did better than debconf)

So yes, adding 20 min talks is fine, but I value longer, more detailed
sessions, too. I have no idea what the right ratio between these
things. I guess we suck it and see. Debconf design is an iterative process :-)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/