Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:25:35PM +0300, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> Even a blacklist is practically impossible to realize while
> maintaining even just a good coverage of the event. Whitelisting?
> Forget about all photo coverage and just have video of just the
> slides. Anything else will be practically impossible.

Respecting people's wishes to not be on film while providing videos of the
talks is a solved problem:  we designate "do not film" areas of the
audience, and make it clear to people that if they don't want to be caught
on the videos they need to sit in these areas.

(Due to the particular room configurations and camera angles in place this
time, the "do not film" area was "somewhere outside the talk room and watch
the talk via the stream".  But that's largely beside the point, given the
high quality of our realtime streaming and the fact that if you don't want
to be on camera you shouldn't be reaching for the microphone either.)