Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

]] micah anderson

> While it may be true that we do not "have a technology to implement
> that", I think the problem may be that we are trying to find
> technological solutions to social problems, that we are letting the
> technology dictate the viability of implementing this and finally,
> figuring this out before Debconf would have been prudent.

I think we do have technology to implement that.  Maybe not with 100%
hit rate, but not that far off.  Give people who don't want to be
photographed differently-coloured lanyards.  It costs a bit more, since
we need two types of lanyards and in some cases it might not be
effective (if you're not wearing your tag at the C&W party, you might
get pictures taken of you), but I believe it would be a cheap, low-tech
and simple way to get us 90% of the way to where we want to be.

I'd love to hear from people like Micah who did check the box and who
were frustrated this year if they think such a solution would work well.

--
Tollef Fog Heen