Re: [Debconf-discuss] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans) ·

Hi Ana,

Thanks for this (more) informed mail. Unfortunately, it has some imprecisions
that (unwillingly, I'm sure), spread FUD.

Le lundi, 26 novembre 2012 12.22:13, Ana Guerrero a écrit :
> The venue contains several building, let's see one of them.

You chose building 5. As you mention further down, this building has 25
sleeping places.

I invite people to go to the link you provided and investigate the other
buildings. Bulding 5 is, together with Building 4, the buildings with the most
rustic accomodation.

> You can get a full plan of le camp at:
>
> http://www.lecamp.ch/visite.php?lang=#

> If you enlarge the photo, some details are revealed:
>  - the dorms do not have doors, so you could consider we have a bigger
>    dorm of 26 places

That's plain wrong, and can be seen from the PDF plan: a picture with two
doors open doesn't mean rooms have no doors.

>    - sleeping places are not separated

yes

From http://www.lecamp.ch/pdf/tarif.pdf "Building 5" is "sleeping bag" style.

>   - I have not idea how people sleeping in the higher beds are supposed to
>     get into them, help?

You can see from
http://www.groups.ch/images/haeuser/zusatz/K-0806-5487-6_20091202024753.jpg?mt=1259761673
that the vertical wooden "beams" act as ladders. IMHO non-disabled people of
reasonable physical condition can enter the upper beds without problems.

>   - There is not place for personal belongings, are they supposed to be left
>     in the veranda?

Good point, to be investigated. I guess usual guests in these houses use their
bags for this purpose.

> To my understanding, the accommodation on the remaining buildings is in a
> similar state.

No. As mentionned above and as one can see from the interactive visit pictures
and plans (and as the BSP participants can testify as they were hosted in the
"Passerelle" building), Building 4 and 5 could be qualified as the "worst"
ones.

>                With some different arrangement for the beds disposed for
> people in wheelchair. I don't know about the showers for people in
> wheelchair but it would be also good to know. I don't know the status for
> other kinds of disabilities.

As you can see from http://www.lecamp.ch/offresHotes.php?lang= some of their
hosts propose week-long camps for mentally disabled people (just to say that
people are having events there with more disabled people than we usually
have).

All the main (non-hosting) buildings provide wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Passerelle has 15 wheelchair accessible beds, including showers and toilets.

As for other type of disabilities, we don't have information as far as I know,
but we could ask.

> If to all the above if you add details like the nearest supermarket being
> 3.7km away or that the nearest hotel is mostly unaffordable (320CHF the
> night for a double room)

That's a silly example as that's a castle, with a single double room.

As for other hotels, the list we begun to build is there:

	http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/AlternativeAccomodation

It was pointed out recently that this lists lacks the hotels of Yverdon-les-
Bains and Neuchâtel that are ~ 40 minutes of bus away from LeCamp.

Cheers,

OdyX