[Debconf-discuss] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans)·

Hi everybody,

I found a site with photos that together with the plans of le camp available at their website,
allow to get a much better idea of what is being offered in terms of accommodation at Le camp.
Le camp is the proposed venue for holding DebConf 13.

The venue contains several building, let's see one of them.
You can get a full plan of le camp at:

http://www.lecamp.ch/visite.php?lang=#

Once there, select the building No 5. you will a pop up window with some photos of it and a PDF
with the plan. This building contains 2 floors with the following:

floor 0 (Rez-de-chaussée, entry floor to the building)
 * 1 dorm with 14 sleeping places
 * 1 dorm with 12 sleeping places
 * 1 veranda with capacity for 20 people

floor -1 (sous-sol, floor under the entry floor)
 * 1 bedroom with 2 sleeping places provided by a bunk bed
 * 1 kitchen
 * a bathroom providing 3 showers and 2 WC.

If you go to http://www.groups.ch/fr/K-0806-5487/colonies_vacances_photos.html
You can get some photos of the rooms:

- Photos: 1-3 overall view of the venue.
- Photo 4: shows the kitchen
- Photo 5: shows the veranda, it doesn't detail how many pieces of furniture there
are available further than the chairs.
- Photo 6: shows the 2 dorms with 14 and 12 sleeping places. If you enlarge the photo,
some details are revealed:
   - the dorms do not have doors, so you could consider we have a bigger dorm of 26 places
   - sleeping places are not separated
   - it is not clear what you need to sleep there, is this 'nordique' or 'sleeping bag' style?
   - I have not idea how people sleeping in the higher beds are supposed to get into them, help?
   - There is not place for personal belongings, are they supposed to be left in the veranda?
- Photo 7: it is the bedroom for 2 people with the bunk bed.
- Photo 8: This is the only bathroom provided in the building. It is expected to serve to the
up to 28 people sleeping in the building with 3 showers. It is also "unisex" with the privacy
conditions you can appreciate in the shower.
- Photo 9-10 and again beautiful photos of the external part of the venue.

To my understanding, the accommodation on the remaining buildings is in a similar state. With
some different arrangement for the beds disposed for people in wheelchair. I don't know
about the showers for people in wheelchair but it would be also good to know.
I don't know the status for other kinds of disabilities.

If to all the above if you add details like the nearest supermarket being 3.7km away or that
the nearest hotel is mostly unaffordable (320CHF the night for a double room) and the rest
of  the hotels listed are between 3km and 7km away, so if you don't want to stay at le camp
your possibilities of being somewhere else are quite limited and you need a car....
we have end having a venue that IMHO is unsuitable for DebConf.

I wrote an email mentioning some problems a week ago, but some stuff there is hard to understand
if you haven't following debconf-team@ and #debconf-team, sadly lists.debconf.org doesn't have
the archive available in this moment :(
Marga and vorlon have done another analysis about the accommodation, once
http://lists.debconf.org is back, you should be able to read their emails there if you haven't.

Ana