Re: [Debconf-discuss] Going to Nicaragua from Europe: avoid Iberia

Hi Faidon,

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 07:28:13PM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> On 03/30/12 02:26, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> >Also, please hold for a *little little* longer before buying your
> >tickets: We have for the first time managed to get an airline alliance
> >to give us a group discount, which should be specially palatable for
> >people flying from Europe. I don't have the full details, but they
> >should arrive in the next couple of days.
[...]
> Do you have any news about that? I've been waiting for this to book
> my ticket but it's getting late; the cheaper fares are already gone,
> current rates from Athens are more than $2k!

Yes, here's enough information about the discount so that people can use it. A
more proper announcement, as well as stuff on the website about it, is still
pending.

The discount is available for most SkyTeam airlines, and it's their SkyTeam
Global Meetings program. It applies to travel to and from the Managua airport
(MGA) for the purpose of attending DebConf12 from June 27 to July 20. Here's
the text provided by SkyTeam about it:

"The airlines of SkyTeam, Official Alliance Network for our event, offer
attractive airfares for participants.

SKYTEAM comprises 15 leading international airlines: Aeroflot, Aeromexico, Air
Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern,
CSA Czech Airlines, Delta, Kenya Airways, KLM, Korean Air, Tarom and Vietnam
Airlines serving more than 900 destinations in 173 countries with more than
14,500 flights daily.

To benefit from these special offers, visit www.skyteam.com/GlobalMeetings and
enter your Event ID.

Through SkyTeam.com, you can also access the schedules of all SkyTeam partners
to plan your flights on the airline of your choice."

DebConf12's Event ID is 2254S.

Let me know if you have any issues!

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org