Re: [Debconf-discuss] Your biggest achievement during past DebConfs (aka new DebConf promoting campaign)

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 04:22:02PM +0100, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> Hi all,
> members of the Debconf Team and Publicity Team need your help!!1!!
>
> (nooo! don't hide!!)
>
> We'd like to have a quote from all Debian Developers and contributors
> naming their most important technical and/or social achievement reached
> during past DebConfs.
> The quote need to be short (one or two lines) and could be something
> like:
>
> "During DebConfN I wrote $cool-software which we now use to do
> $cool-things"

My biggest achievement at any debconf was to actually *be* at debconf5,
my first-ever debconf. At the time, I was having personal issues, and
was seriously considering resigning from the project. Someone (I forgot
whom) suggested that I could make it to debconf5 as a sponsored
attendee, and eventually convinced me.

The opportunity to see and meet all those people who were so passionate
about Debian, to see and meet them in a different setting, revived my
passion and fire for this community. I am convinced that I would not be
involved with Debian anymore today if I hadn't been at debconf5.

the following formula:

pi zz a