Re: [Debconf-discuss] Gobby vs. Etherpad?

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 03:40:51PM +0300, Sami Liedes wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 01:03:17PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/BofHowTo#Why_not_etherpad.3F
>
> (Disclaimer: I've never tried Etherpad, and I hadn't even heard of
> gobby before this Debconf. Perhaps I should try etherpad with my N900;

gobby worked great on an N900 for me, although on an 800x480 screen closing
useless subwindows is vital.

> bringing my laptop to the auditorium for talks was too much of a
> hassle,

Heck, I quickly learned that even using a laptop outside of a hacklab is a
waste of time.  A laptop's keyboard is too small for comfortable use -- and
it seems to me that once you get out of the comfort zone, it doesn't matter
if it's even smaller so N900's one is almost as good.  Of course, the usual
caveat about Nokia's default layout being worthless: you need to redefine
it to get basics like Esc, PgUp, [, {, < and so on.

> so I missed gobby there.

I did not bother backporting it to Maemo and just ran it from a Debian
chroot.  Worked fine.

--
1KB		// Yo momma uses IPv4!