Re: [Debconf-discuss] Gobby vs. Etherpad?

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 01:03:17PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/BofHowTo#Why_not_etherpad.3F

(Disclaimer: I've never tried Etherpad, and I hadn't even heard of
gobby before this Debconf. Perhaps I should try etherpad with my N900;
bringing my laptop to the auditorium for talks was too much of a
hassle, so I missed gobby there. Using via browser would have been
nice, but that's a wishlist feature at most.)

I must confess having a network-interfacing program written in an
unsafe language talking to a server that relays data from AFAICT
anyone at any IP address without any authorization segfault on
entirely benign input makes me feel a bit nervous about its security
properties...

	Sami