Re: [Debconf-discuss] LAST CALL FOR DEBIAN BUS RENTAL (Was: price of bus tickets *back* to Zagreb)

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:59:33PM +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Nobody's competing, we made our own arrangements before discussion of big
> busses started.

IMHO there is no need to discuss a race condition - it brings us not
foreward in the current state.

> I see the column header on the original departures list[1], which was
> deprecated when sponsored shuttles stopped being feasible, has been changed
> so it's no longer deprecated.
>
> It's not fair to make such a change and then complain that people are
> listed under it. I dislike your implication that I have done something
> wrong and I feel your tone is unnecessarily accusatory.
>
> 1: http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Departures#31._July_5

May be the problem is that we are talking about different pages:

   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Departures/RentABus

(unfortunately the mailing list archive seems to be unavailable)

> I think you misunderstand the purpose of this "competing" bus. Before there
> was any other talk of co-ordinated buses, we arranged this minibus because
> we are all eight on the same flight and wish to avoid the risk of public
> transport being full as well as having to wait around at the airport longer
> than necessary.

Because you insist on this "before" my initial mail was send at

   Sat, 23 Jul 2011 23:23:49

to debconf-discuss - you must have organised this bus in DebCamp, right?

> I won't be offended if others who have an early flight make a similar
> arrangement of their own, but taking over ours is not reasonable.
> (I'm still trying to work out what problem you're trying to solve.)

I try to solve the problem of getting *all* people to Zagreb instead of
a view.  With some basic coordination / communication this would be a
solvable problem.  Finding out a clever solution for a problem (as it
might be for your 8 seat bus) and not telling the world about it is not
my style.  There are up to now people wandering around and keep on asking
me about early busses.  If you want to get it that way:  I try to solve
Somebody Else's Problem (SEP [1]) because I found a challenging way to
make a SEP visible for me: Beeing at DebConf.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_Else%27s_Problem

To give some summary of the current situation:

   - There are 8 people who can not use the bus to the airport because
     they need to be earlier.
   - There is somebody who was able to find a solution to transport
     8 people to the airport (which is not me, please either talk to
     Jonathan or find a local).
   - There will be busses to the airport / city leaving at 6:00 and
     11:00 having 50 seats each and which will be able to carry all
     those people who entered their name on the WikiPage
     Departure/RentABus.  We keep you informed about the exact rate
     which should be payed in advance until Saturday afternoon.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de