Re: [Debconf-discuss] Custom playing cards - update

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:49:39 +0200
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

43 packs requested so far.

30 people listed for photographs

So we need another 24 for the full set and we will be ordering at least
100 packs. (There's no point ordering a quantity between 54 and 100 as
there's no change in the price per pack until over 100. There is
another reduction at 150 and another at 200 if people want a target to
reach.) An order of 200 pushes the price per pack down to only £5.96 or
€6.70.

Therefore, if anyone wants more than two packs, that is absolutely
fine. If anyone wants to increase their order, just tell me. The more
everyone orders, the lower the price for everyone. If you want to sell
the packs on at other events, that is fine (DebianUK will be doing that
by rounding up the final order anyway), the emphasis is on getting as
many packs into a single order as we can.

As I mentioned in the original, I do have two packs which you can look
at and check for quality etc. but those packs are special DebConf ones
which cost a LOT of money originally. Hence getting a bigger order this
time.

> You can email me if you are interested or ping me on IRC / find me
> Thurs, Fri or Sat when you are in the ground floor hacklab and I'll sort out the
> photos.
>
> When I have the packs, I'll email everyone to get the delivery address.
> Costs of delivery will be added to the cost and I'll need payment before
> the packs are sent out. (Any undelivered packs may be sold through
> DebianUK at various events.)

Many people have asked about paying beforehand, I don't know the actual
price as it depends on the final order size. For the order of 100 packs,
the maximum price without delivery should be £7.90 which Google informs
me is €8.88 at current exchange rates. It's obviously difficult to
forecast delivery costs at this time which is why I need to have email
addresses for everyone. It's fine to ping me on IRC but please also
send an email reply from this thread directly to me at
codehelp@debian.org so that I can get a delivery address later and
keep you updated on the order itself.

--

Neil Williams