Re: [Debconf-discuss] LAST CALL FOR DEBIAN BUS RENTAL

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 01:19:32AM +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> On 27/07/2011 08:27 μμ, Andreas Tille wrote:

>> When checking the times in the Wiki the first "block" of people needs to
>> be at the airport at 10:00 and others need to be at the train station at
>> 11:00.  This would mean that the first bus can not go later than 6:00
>> (please some local confirm that 4h is a reasonable timing).  So
>> everybody who wants to be in Zagreb inbetween 10:00 and 15:00 should go
>> with this bus.  The others take a bus which might be scheduled at 11:00.

> I'm really grateful someone is doing the work for this and I don't want
> to sound like a smart-ass, but are the smaller buses  that much
> expensive? Having a single bus for the single 10:00-15:00 timeframe
> seems a bit suboptimal; e.g. I see that from 13:00-14:10 there are 15
> people leaving (not-so-coincidencally myself included :).

Departing 6:00 is too early for me; under these conditions I'm taking
myself out of the pool. If a bus leaves at 8:30 or later, and gets me
at the airport at 14:00 (sharp) or earlier, I'm likely to join.

If no such bus is organised, I'll take a "just in time" transport just
for me. There is place for two more people in the car, so if people
(of a nationality that has a quick border crossing) want to join me
and share the price (160,- EUR divided by two or three people), email
me. Let's say departure around 10:30 to 11:00, negotiable. If I get
more than two requests, I *might* organise a bus, NO GUARANTEES until
I have confirmation from a company.

--
Lionel