Re: [Debconf-discuss] Travelling from Montréal to NY f or DebCamp10, July 26th

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:33:58 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> wrote:

> The various bus options will be significantly cheaper but also take longer due
> to traffic, and much more spartan / less comfortable. MegaBus and BoltBus both
> have free wifi, and BoltBus also has power outlets. Fung Wah and Lucky Star are
> common among Chinese-Americans (since they go between Chinatowns) and among
> students who care more about price than anything else. Flying to Boston from
> NYC probably makes no sense for anyone other than wealthy people who are ok
> with a daily commute to work of several hundred miles.

The bus is really the way to go if you ask me. Its *significantly*
cheaper than the train by several magnitudes (typically costs $15), and
it often doesn't actually take that much longer than the train (at least
in my experience they seem to take the same amount of time, sometimes
the bus has been faster). The BoltBus is the preferred one, if you want
Wifi and power, but the other buses all have wifi, just no power. If you
are looking for an interesting experience, go with a Chinatown
bus. There are a lot of options, try riding the bus one way and if your
european sensibilities are offended, spend the money on the train on the
way back ;)

micah