Re: [Debconf-discuss] group meals?

micah anderson <micah@riseup.net> writes:

> The meals will be happening in the Columbia cafeteria called Jon
> Jay. They do allow people to show up and pay for meals, as it is an open
> cafeteria used for the rest of the campus.

That's very helpful information; thanks for clarifying!  I do have
a couple of quick follow-up questions, though:

- Will there be any provision for breakfast?  According to
  http://www.columbia.edu/cu/dining/docs/locations/index.html , the
  cafeteria doesn't open until 11.  (No big deal if not; I'd just like
  to be able to plan accordingly.)

- If so, will the front desk open in time for me to obtain the
  necessary credentials beforehand on Day 1?  (I will be staying
  off-campus and not arriving until the previous evening, so wasn't
  planning to head up to Columbia until that morning.  Again, no big
  deal if not.)

Thanks!

> However, they have also asked us to be as accurate as possible in the
> numbers that we are bringing to the cafeteria, giving them 2 days
> advance notice.

That's fair; I'll follow up off-list with my tentative plans, and let
you know if they change.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu